Principal Analytic Software Engineer
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Principal Analytic Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Our research task order (Analytic Framework) is seeking an experienced Software Engineer.
- The Software Engineer will support a customer driven research project.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for developing theories for understanding, characterizing and organizing natural phenomena into a systematic and meaningful pattern for research into potential new analytics or processing workflows as part of the Analytics Research group.
- The selected candidate may participate in new open source application evaluations and development of new mission critical applications.
- Mentors junior and intern Software engineers as a senior member of the Analytics & Research engineering staff.
- Assist the Principal Investigator in coordinating interdepartmental activities, research efforts and Cyber Division wide.
- Innovation funding review meetings with senior technologist.
- May participate in intellectual property evaluations and development of patent applications.
- May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts.
- 14 years of IT experience.
- Research/development experience in software solutions for highly complex and distributed military and/or intelligence collection systems.
- 6 years of Java experience.
- C experience.
- Spring and Maven experience.
- JUnit, XML, Eclipse, and DB storage solutions experience.
- Experience developing Cyber Network Graph analytics.
- Experience with Streams processing frameworks including Spark, Storm and/or Info Sphere Streams.
- Experience with Big Data Analytics.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Accumulo, HBase, and MongoDB.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Security Clearance: An active TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top