Principal Aircraft Vehicle Performance and Sizing Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Redondo Beach, CA has an opening for a Principal Aircraft Vehicle Performance and Sizing Engineer.
In this role you will:
- C onduct preliminary design synthesis and analysis of advanced manned and unmanned air vehicles demonstrating technical expertise and knowledge of other related disciplines
- Tasks include takeoff/landing, mission and point performance characteristics of candidate aircraft designs as well as design synthesis and optimization of vehicles to meet operational requirements
- Conduct vehicle sizing and performance trade studies to define and evaluate advanced concepts, identify technology requirements, perform parametric trade studies and provide design guidance to the other team disciplines.
- Conduct competitive vehicle performance assessments of current U.S. and foreign inventory designs may also be required, as well as flight test data analysis and correlations to performance models.
- Develop technical solutions to various problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Interact and brief external customers, as well as serve as a technical lead.
- S upport vehicle performance and sizing analysis for vehicle programs from government organizations such as Air Force, Navy, NASA, DARPA and others.
- Provide analysis, guide design teams to execute program goals, support proposal and business development activities.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering or related field from an accredited university with 5 years of relevant professional engineering experience, OR Master of Science in Aeronautical Engineering or related field from an accredited university with 3 years of relevant professional engineering experience or a PhD Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering or related field from an accredited university
- 2+ years experience in a related Aerospace Engineering field
- Experience with one or more of the following: MATLAB, Python, C++, ModelCenter, Linux and/or FORTRAN
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance
- M.S in Aeronautical Engineering
- 5+ years in Aircraft Vehicle Performance and Sizing discipline
- Experience in Multi Disciplined Optimization Methods
- Strong code development experience
- Active In Scope DOD Secret Clearance
Back to top