Princ Supply Chain Procurement Specialist
- West Valley City, UT
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems - Propulsion Systems is the world's top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems, a leading provider of small and micro-satellites, satellite components and subsystems, missile defense and strategic missile propulsion, a leading producer of lightweight space deployable and solar arrays. The firm is dedicated to being pioneers heading the front of technology and space program expansion and values driven individuals committed to the same vision.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems - Propulsion Systems, Magna, Utah is recruiting for a Principal Supply Chain Procurement Specialist who will primarily be responsible for sourcing and procuring components for maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO).
- Sources and procures goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers.
- Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
- Establishes agreements with suppliers using a mix of contract types including firm fixed price and cost reimbursable.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations.
- Issues purchase orders.
- Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
Expected Requirements / Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4 year university in supply chain management, business, finance or related field preferred
- 5+ years' experience in purchasing, sales, or contracts
- Works positively in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
- Highly organized
- Delivers quality work on time
- Communicates quickly and thoughtfully through integrated team structures
- Strong interpersonal skills with a best-in-class customer service mindset
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Expertise using software like Excel to perform data analysis
- Ability to read technical drawings and documents
- Knowledge of government contracting requirements and regulations (e.g. FAR, DFARS, ITAR, etc.)
- Ability to work with a procurement coordinator directly supporting this role
Back to top