Princ Facilities Electrical Engineer.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently looking for a Facilities Electrical Engineer to work in our Promontory, UT location.
Job Summary including Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expertise in designing, specifying, and programming electrical control systems that utilize PLCs, HMIs, circuit breakers, fuses, servo motors and drives, AC/DC motors, VFDs, digital and analog sensors, power supplies, relays, safety controllers, pneumatic components, enclosures and other electrical components. Allen Bradley PLC and Rockwell Software programming experience preferred.
- Integrate and specify electrical equipment for robotics, PLC's, servo drives, instrumentation and HVAC equipment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of machine control design including applicable electrical standards and codes (NFPA 70, 79, UL508A)
- Provide detailed cost estimates for project design and implementation.
- Troubleshoot industrial electrical equipment.
- Develop electrical maintenance guidelines for industrial equipment.
- Proficiency designing safety control circuits that comply with the appropriate category level defined by ISO 13849
- Expertise to develop electrical schematics that are logical, well organized and require little to no redlines
- Expertise designing panel layouts that minimize space and comply with manufacturer's specifications
- Proficiency with designing industrial control networks, creating network diagrams and assigning network addresses
- Experience with 480VAC, 120VAC, 24VDC control and power systems
- Strong time management and prioritization skills to complete assigned tasked according to priority and due dates
- Proficiency in troubleshooting electrical circuits
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to support design team and shop cooperation
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Provide Detailed Project Designs in AutoCAD drawing format.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Automation Engineering.
- PLC systems and programming experience.
- Industrial power and control design experience.
- 5+ year's minimum industrial plant electrical design experience. May hire at a higher level with 9 years of work experience.
- AutoCAD drafting ability.
- Ability to work in the field, climb ladders, work outside and work in congested areas.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top