Pricing Analyst 3
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Pricing Analyst 3. This position will be located in Herndon, VA.
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic individual for the position of Pricing Analyst 3. You must be able to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities in a schedule driven environment.
You will be responsible for the preparation of new business cost proposals, change proposals, and task/delivery orders spanning all contract types.
The Pricing Analyst must be able to function in a fast paced proposal environment and collaborate with capture and proposal teams to develop pricing and win strategies while ensuring compliance and schedule adherence.
Other Duties May Include:
- Developing, evaluating and implementing pricing strategies and models based upon current business and competitive market dynamics.
- Conducting research and performs competitive pricing analysis.
- Monitoring ongoing competitive environment to ensure practices do not adversely impact company reputation or customer satisfaction.
- Partners with Sales/Marketing, Business Development and Finance to correctly position product portfolio and establish pricing programs aligned with product/sales strategy and revenue recognition requirements.
- Projects impact of pricing changes, individual promotions and rebate programs on revenue.
- Create/administer pricing databases and coordinate implementation of pricing proposals across the organization.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of FAR other applicable government regulations.
- Review Requests for Proposals (RFP) and proposal documents for protection of company pricing approach, satisfaction of customer specifications/requirements and adherence to company policy.
- Ensure Estimating System compliance, advise leadership of pricing requirements/obligations and provide interpretation of RFP requirements.
- Interact with personnel and management concerning matters of significance to the company related to cost proposals. Will interface and coordinate with other business management leaders and staff on a daily basis.
- Provide reviews of all estimates prior to delivery and senior level reviews
- Support in this fast paced environment will require extended hours of evening and weekend support to meet critical proposal schedules and deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related area and a minimum 6 years of combined experience in Pricing/Finance/Contracts/Business with at least 5 years of direct Pricing experience -OR- Master's plus 4 years of experience and 3 years direct pricing experience. An additional 4 years of work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Relevant experience in the federal contracting environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of pricing, contracts, and business management
- Proven team leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to mentor, manage, and train assigned staff
- Experience at leading Cost Volume Teams, ensuring RFP compliance
- Experience in regard to validation of estimates, estimating approaches, and data driven estimating
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS and other government regulations
- Strong proposal development skills; strategy development; and solid negotiation background
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines, and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced MS Excel and Word skills
- Must be able to learn standard proposal pricing tools
- Must be a team player, proactive, and possess excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Potential travel of 10% or greater to meet proposal and management requirements.
- Able to obtain a SSBI security clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Proficient in use of ProPricer
- Risk and quantitative analysis skills
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman Policies and Procedure
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top