Price / Cost / Proposal Analyst 3 - Strategic Systems - Melbourne, FL
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is currently seeking a Proposal Analyst 3 to support Special Projects as part of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization at the new Center of Excellence site in Melbourne, FL. Analyst will support efforts associated with proposal development, planning and scheduling during the supplier acquisition process. Will perform cost estimating/pricing related duties and analysis in accordance with request for proposal (RFP)specifications. Will coordinate with functional departments to coordinate the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements and research and analyze historical data and develop cost models to support proposal efforts. Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings and participates in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives.
Specific duties include:
- Submits written supplier cost analysis reports detailing the suppliers cost proposal and the NGC negotiation objective position
- Prepares Procurement Review Board(PRB) briefings showing supplier proposed vs. negotiation objective positions by major element of cost to attain formal Supply Chain Management approval for supplier negotiations
- Supports supplier negotiations and represents the supplier cost analysis position to customers as required to support NGC Contracts and Pricing
- Responds to misc. internal and external Supply Chain Business Management requests for information regarding assigned suppliers
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related discipline and minimum of 6 years of directly related experience (4 years with Masters Degree)
- Must have experience with program cost analysis in an engineering development and manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform and apply cost accounting, pricing and estimating concepts and principles
- Ability to work as an integral member of the Subcontract/Procurement team to achieve GSC/Program/Company objectives, while maintaining compliance during all stages of the proposal/acquisition process
- Requires the ability to meet deadlines in a challenging, multi-tasking environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Must currently have an Interim DoD Secret Clearance or higher, and satisfy the requirement to obtain Special Program Access.
- Working knowledge of government contract environment (FAR & DFARS)
- Working knowledge of cost accounting standards, generally accepted accounting principles, and accounting/proposal auditing techniques.
- Familiarity with the concept and application of Cost Improvement Curves
- Intimate background with GSC Subcontract/ Procurement requirements, FAR proposal adequacy and execution requirements, Prime proposal SOW/RFP requirements
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Back to top