Price / Cost / Proposal Analyst 1- Strategic Systems - Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Price/Cost Proposal Analyst 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida. The selected candidate will provide proposal support for the Strike division.
The selected candidate will support Special Projects as part of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization at the new Center of Excellence site in Melbourne, FL. Analyst will provide administrative level support during the development, planning and scheduling of proposal activity. Areas to support including cost estimating and analysis in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications. Will coordinate with functional departments to coordinate the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements and research and analyze historical data and develop cost models to support proposal efforts. Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings and participates in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives.
- Submit written supplier cost analysis reports detailing the suppliers cost proposal and the NGC negotiation objective position
- Prepare Procurement Review Board (PRB) briefings showing supplier proposed vs. negotiation objective positions by major element of cost to attain formal Supply Chain Management approval for supplier negotiations
- Support supplier negotiations and represents the supplier cost analysis position to customers as required to support NGC Contracts and Pricing
- Respond to miscellaneous internal and external Supply Chain Business Management requests for information regarding assigned suppliers
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 1 year of experience performing administrative tasks in a professional business environment.
- Ability to perform cost accounting, pricing and estimating concepts and principles
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word (ability to create complex formulas and pivot tables)
- Must have the ability to acquire a final DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to satisfy the requirement to obtain Special Program Access (SAP clearance)
- US Citizenship is required
- Current, active DoD Secret (or higher) clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Economics preferred
- Prefer experience with program cost analysis in an engineering development and manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of government contract environment (FAR & DFARS)
- Working knowledge of cost accounting standards, generally accepted accounting principles, and accounting/proposal auditing techniques.
- Familiarity with the concept and application of Cost Improvement Curves
- Intimate background with GSC Subcontract/ Procurement requirements, FAR proposal adequacy and execution requirements, Prime proposal SOW/RFP requirements
- Ability to work as an integral member of the Subcontract/Procurement team to achieve GSC/Program/Company objectives, while maintaining compliance during all stages of the proposal/acquisition process
- Ability to meet deadlines in a challenging, multi-tasking environment
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top