Pr Network Communications
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interactswith users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the useof computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Ability to troubleshoot wide and local area networks remotely, point-to-point systems, secure systems, and network architecture design. Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks. Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned. Work is reviewed for soundness of technicaljudgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Works under general supervision. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or inadequate work product should be detected by supervisory oversight but may cause delay in program schedules and allocation of additional resources.
One year of Remedy experience or another trouble ticket system, hands on experience with CISCO routers and switches (troubleshooting, configuring), network setup and troubleshooting and experience with Crypto devices(Taclanes, KIV's).
Prior experience working in tech control facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years' experience with troubleshooting preferably from a Network Operations Center, or equivalent. 4 Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Ability to remotely/clearly walk someone through un-documented network/crypto troubleshooting
- This is a shift position but the individual must be willing to support a work schedule which is either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift to include weekends for a 24x7x365 Network Operations Center
- A Certification IAT Level 2 (e.g. Security +).
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- 1 year Cisco CallManager
- 1 year Tandberg VTC
- 1 year Network monitoring tool (HP-OV, OPNET, or equivalent) and 1 year Apple workstations.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top