PPG Engineering Manager 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks a highly qualified Engineering Manager to join our team and lead the execution of engineering activities in support of a development program within our Propulsion and Power Generation (PPG) Operating Unit. The position is a Business Facing role that reports through the Engineering, Western Region function for the Sunnyvale, California location.
The Engineering Manager (EM) will lead a diverse engineering team and be responsible for the end to end technical performance, cost, schedule, quality and staffing for a development program. This position requires multi-disciplined knowledge in all areas related to engineering including systems design, hardware, and integration and test. The applicant will be responsible for overseeing engineering program planning and execution, Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reporting, staffing, personnel performance assessment, briefings and providing overall leadership and coordination of a multi-disciplined Engineering team.
The applicant will interface with multiple disciplines including internal Executive Management, Program Management, Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain, Business Management, suppliers, and customers. The Engineering Manager will also work closely with functional Engineering leadership/staff to resolve issues and to staff the program.
EM responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Owns overall quality, technical, budget, and schedule responsibility for the engineering content of assigned programs.
- Works collaboratively with Engineering Control Account Managers (CAMs) to meet program commitments.
- Oversees the engineering program team and manages the execution of the engineering program scope.
- Drives the engineering process development, continuous improvement, and affordability initiatives within their programs.
- Serves as the engineering program team liaison to program management, customers, operations, and other functional groups.
- Manages risks and opportunities for all engineering scope.
- Collaborates with all functional organizations to resolve engineering conflicts.
- Communicates regularly with program management, customers, and engineering management.
Position located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, or other STEM degree, plus 14 years (or Master of Science degree plus 12 years, or PhD plus 9 years) of progressive experience in a STEM related, or military, position.
- Demonstrated leadership experience (industry and/or government/military) in a team environment
- Demonstrated effective performance in a lead technical position (e.g. Engineering Manager, IPT lead, functional lead, or equivalent in the military)
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to act as a liaison to the customer for all engineering efforts
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment
- High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Proven track record as a successful Engineering Manager on development programs
- 15 years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Ship power and propulsion hardware design and / or management experience
- Experience in Program/Project management of hardware intensive programs
- Current, active Secret clearance, or higher
In addition, demonstrated experience with technical risk management, key system performance parameters, root cause analysis, cost and schedule performance analysis (EVMS), and engineering tools, processes and procedures used during the design life cycle are highly valued skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top