Power Plant Operator 3 - Military & Veterans Encouraged to Apply
- Palmdale, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Power Plant Operator 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
This position operates and maintains stationary engines and mechanical equipment such as steam generators and steam turbines, refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, air compressors, turbo blowers, electric motors, diesel generators, pumps, heaters, and boilers to provide utilities such as light, heat, or power for buildings and industrial processes. Inspects equipment and performs preventive maintenance measures and routine operational adjustments such as lubricating and cleaning filters, motors, and other equipment. Records data such as temperatures, pressures, water levels, and voltage and makes any necessary adjustments. Other typical job titles include Stationary Engineer and Operating Engineer.
- Minimum of a High school diploma or GED and 4 years' experience operating and maintaining stationary engines mechanical equipment.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance.
- Ability to obtain and Maintain Unlimited Steam License
- CA Water Operator License T2 and D2
- Transitioning service member or veteran of the U.S. military service or current military guard or reserve member.
- Spouse of a transitioning military service member or current military guard or reserve member.
Back to top