Power Line Man
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGIS Propulsion Systems is recruiting for an experienced Power Line Man to join our team at the Promontory, Utah facility.
This position requires the electrical knowledge and experience to understand and troubleshoot Sub Stations, Over Current Relays, Circuit Breakers and Power Lines. Work includes but is not limited to safely performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead electrical work. Installs transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches and switchgear. Sets poles and anchors and strings overhead wire.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 6 years recent industrial field work experience
- Able and willing to work live high voltage distribution power lines.
- Able to successfully troubleshoot and repair primary and secondary systems.
- Replaces cutout fuses and clears faulted circuits and systems.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems which requires skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor, including working outside in inclement weather conditions.
- Understands grounding procedures.
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
- Capable of properly installing and removing Personal Protective Equipment and cover up.
- Must be able to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.)
- Capable of planning safe work based on a job print or work order or other company procedure
- Capable of safely installing and removing mechanical jumpers.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Able to read and communicate effectively.
- Able to obtain a Commercial Driver's License permit within 60 days of employment. A Commercial Driver's License is preferred.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to properly inspect rubber goods and PPE.
- Willing to work over-time when requested.
Back to top