Power Electronics Engineer - Staff
Our Power/Control Systems business is looking for exceptionally talented, motivated and creative power electronics engineers to support product development and R&D activities.
This candidate must be a strong team participant, have excellent communications skills, and be resourceful and multi-talented. Technically, this candidate must be capable of detailed design and analysis of power conditioning equipment associated with power supplies, variable speed drives, frequency converters and multi-level converters in a wide variety of applications ranging from 10s of watts to multi-megawatt converters for shipboard and ground-based combat platforms.
Implementation will involve advanced power conversion technology employing high frequency PWM, multi-level architectures, high speed communications and digital and analog controls. Modeling and simulation using SABER for power stages (including associated transformers, input/output filters, dynamic loads, switching devices) and SABER or MATLAB for controls is essential for validating hardware design and performance.
Other tasks would include the design of gate drives, protection circuits, I/O interface circuits and control hardware associated with the power stage. Individual needs to lead small multi-disciplinary teams, support cost and schedule estimates and author reports.
- Experience using simulation tools for simulation of Power Systems
- Experience designing PWBs
- Experience designing a switching power supply, VFD, motor drive or other controlled switching assembly.
- Experience with designs utilizing over 500VDC
- Experience delivering a completed product to the customer
- 14 Years Experience with BS, 12 Years with Masters, 9 Years with PhD
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Experience using simulation tools SABER, MATLAB or Simulink
- Experience designing/specifying design of magnetic devices
- Experience designing control system for switching power devices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top