Power Circuit Hardware Design - Sr. Principal Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air, undersea and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe.
We are looking for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to accomplish what's considered impossible. Our employees have made significant historical contributions and are shaping the future.
Join a design community that offers unique design challenges that combine the talents of multiple engineering disciplines including Hardware, Firmware, Software, Mechanical Design, Systems Engineering and Program Management.
Typical Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design creative and flexible HW solutions with a motivated team of experts
- HW Design Examples:
- Electronic Circuit Design
- RF Design
- Power/Cooling Monitor and Control
- Interface Panel Layouts and Interconnections
- Console Design
- SW/HW integration
- Requirements verification
- Actively support the investigation, resolution and documentation of product anomalies
- Understanding Design to Cost
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or STEM with 9 years of experience or 7 years of experience with a Master's Degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in power circuit hardware design
- Experience in panel design, cable design, and schematic layouts
- Experience with lab test equipment such as: DMMs, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers
- Experience with schematic capture and related tools such as: MentorGraphics, Zuken, etc
- Experience with hands-on troubleshooting of electrical hardware
- Ability to obtain andmaintain a Security Clearance, U.S. Citizenship is a pre-requisite
- Experience with Software Design
- Experience with FPGA programming
- Experience leading an engineering team
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top