PLM Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Principle Engineer, Software to be part of the PLM Center of Excellence team reporting to the Scientific Methods Section in the Science and Engineering organization at our Promontory, UT offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Principle Engineer, Software (PLM Systems Engineer) is responsible for analyzing and understanding business processes then driving process efficiency while striving for standardization and consolidation across the enterprise. Responsible for the project leadership, development, support and day-to-day administration of Northrop Grumman Innovation System's (NGIS) Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Systems. These PLM systems which are built on Teamcenter Enterprise and Teamcenter Unified software, manage product information and intellectual property for all Orbital ATK products. The position supports nearly 6000 users at 22 NGIS locations across the US. This position plays a key role in defining and administering corporate-wide PLM systems and is a member of the corporate PLM Center of Excellence. The position reports to Science and Engineering within Flight Systems but interfaces closely with many other organizations and NG sites including the Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services team. This individual is responsible to ensure that consistent PLM system administration, use and processes are applied at all NGIS locations.
- Support lean initiatives across the enterprise for rapid product development, digital manufacturing and quality improvements utilizing industry best practices
- Administer and support PLM Systems for all NGIS sites
- Interface with NG Enterprise Services (Corp IT) programming and services team
- Develop Workflows, Define Preferences and Conditions, Administer system access and roles
- Install, configure, and maintain required software components in accordance with change control procedures.
- Monitor performance and system health of production and test systems.
- Coordinate upgrades and patches with multi-functional project teams, including execution of functional testing, preparation and maintenance of system documentation, and deployment in production environment.
- Support/Direct Local Site Administrators
- Provide user support via Tier 2 Help Desk calls, problem reports, and approved software changes
- Project Manager for new implementations, migrations and process/method changes
- Develop and Administer User training including media and documentation.
- Define and Maintain interfaces to ERP/EVMS/MRP/SFMS systems
- Define and test PLM system reports and analytics
- Participate with PLM strategy team and digital thread organization leadership in the creation and execution of strategic roadmaps for deployment of PLM, the transition to TcUA and promote changes necessary to expand the digital thread
- Engage withfunctional managers, program managers, product teams, and individuals to ensurePLM tools and processes are in place ensuring that delivered products are correct andaccurate
- Teamcenter Enterprise and Teamcenter Unified Administration and Management.
- Teamcenter configuration toolset (BMIDE, Workflows, Lifecycles, etc.)
- Broad understanding of CM principles and methods, CMII certification or training a plus
- Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), MS Project, Sharepoint, and Web programming
- Project management skills (definition, build, test and deployment of application software).
- Application software programming and/or administration experience
- Engineering processes and products experience (Drawings, Specifications, Reports, Test Plans, BOMs, Models, Manufacturing Plans and Procedures, Inspection Plans, etc.)
- Conceptualization skills to develop and implement inter-connected engineering, manufacturing and financial applications and systems.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer software and systems training and documentation experience.
- Presentation skills to articulate business needs and consolidate common business processes
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills such as building systems and effective process, personal and career development, technical problem solving and interpersonal conflict resolution, work planning, resource prioritization, task management, etc.
- Effective communicator skilled at collaborating with others to get work done and manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to execute customer demands and resolve customer concerns in the short-term while effectively creating and executing to a future business vision
- BS or MS in a science or engineering discipline
- Minimum of 9 years of relevant engineering experience with a BS degree or 7 years of experience with a MS degree
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of PLM systems or other application software related experience.
- Ability to travel: Travel expectation of up to 10%
- Siemens Teamcenter Enterprise and Teamcenter Unified administration and/or development.
- Computer applications programming and/or administration
- Application software testing and deployment
- User application software support and user training
- Engineering configuration management and/or systems engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top