Platform Transition Specialist 3/4
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. Northrop Grumman Technical Services sector is seeking a Platform Transition Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Description of Work:
- Provide ongoing support with solutions and technical architectures.
- Support automation testing for the customer's IT modernization efforts using Modern Development Environment and DevOps initiatives for continuous delivery of software through the systems development lifecycle for applications being developed using the Agile or the Mode-2 paradigms.
- Support application management for IT modernization or legacy applications, including, but not limited to: testing from the integration/validation/automated scripts or manual; weekend production sanity testing post-implementation.
- Provide migration support for software releases into the pre-production or the production environment.
- Provide automated testing support for IT modernization and the applications moving down that track to be released to production.
- Perform research and analyses leading up to the recommendation of one or more alternative solutions for the infrastructure testing environment. The recommendations may include the identification of software and hardware products to acquire or tools that could be developed in-house which provide an effective and cost-efficient solution.
- Assist in developing and executing tests that verify the functionality of applications. The tests developed will be eligible for integration and inclusion in an automated regression test package.
- Measure the performance of applications and recommending environmental changes in the existing software infrastructure environments needed to achieve optimal performance.
- Assist in the deployment of software development tools and software infrastructure in the customer's development and production environments.This includes assisting the customer as needed with installation and configuration of the existing software products, tuning and troubleshooting the software throughout the software development lifecycle (agile or waterfall), and production implementation.
- Assist in the deployment of hardware tools and related infrastructure in the customer's development and production environments. This includes assisting as needed in the installation and configuration ofhardware products, tuning and troubleshooting throughout the software development lifecycle (agile or waterfall), and production implementation.
- Assist in preparing best practice procedures for future application development and software documentation as required per project or task.
- Assist in installing application software on various platforms and environments; and assisting in all activities that make the software system available for use.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
Software Development Analyst 3:
- Bachelor's Degree and 7 years of relevant work experience orMasters and 5 years of relative experience or minimum of 11 yearsrelevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- Bachelor's Degree and 9 years of relevant work experience orMasters and 7 years of relative experience or 13 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in IBM, Amazon Cloud, RedHat (OpenShift), Windows and other IT platforms.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Agile and DevOPS methodologies
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using proprietary tools that support Agile and DevOPs methodologies such as but not limited to: Jenkins, SonarQube, Chef, BitBucket, Selenium, Cucumber, Ready API and Confluence
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Knowledge and experience for moving a large enterprise work to a cloud platform;
- Knowledge and experience with employee communications and managing customer expectations for this type of transition;
- Knowledge and experience in computer programming;
- Knowledge and experience with CICS, web services and microservices
- Knowledge and experience in PAAS operations
- Knowledge and experience in SQL, DB2 and IDMS workloads
- Knowledge, experience, analysis and development of business process for a large scale multi-platform, multi-system enterprise environment
Back to top