Plant Manager Quality Assurance 2
- Chandler, AZ
The position is responsible for the planning and execution of all Product Assurance activities at the Gilbert, Arizona facility. Activities which this position oversees is inclusive of Receiving Inspection, In-Process Inspection, Integration & Test, Launch activities and Calibration. The selected candidate will provide technical, operational, and administrative management of a staff of over 20 Inspection and Engineering level employees to ensure the success of Gilbert-based programs. This position will have an active role in working with the Program Mission Assurance Engineers to ensure Program unique aspects are met.
The position is a direct report to the Mission Assurance Manager 3 based in Gilbert, Arizona and the candidate will interface regularly with other Product Assurance functional managers in Dulles to keep managers abreast of issues and concerns and to ensure standard practices are appropriately accounted for in Gilbert activities and are properly implemented at the Gilbert site.
The candidate must communicate effectively through reports, presentations and in person. The position works closely with business area management to define resource needs for current programs as well as to support proposal development efforts, including defining cost estimates for future business.
This position activities/requirements include:
Working with inspectors resolve issues that arise during the inspection of products.
Monitoring data and develop metrics relating to work center performance.
Coordinating resources to ensure Program needs are met.
Maintaining oversight of applicable procedures and processes related to the work center activities.
Ensuring throughput of the Product Assurance team is maximized without sacrificing integrity/reliability of the product.
Working with various management to ensure budgets are appropriately established and maintained.
Encouraging and supporting Product Assurance team in review of inspection processes.
Driving process improvement ideas to implementation phase.
Ensuring Product Assurance team has the necessary training to perform tasks efficiently and reliably.
Ensuring proper development of employees (i.e. mentoring, career path development, etc.).
Leading inspection efforts in real-time alongside employees to ensure cycle time of products in the inspection queue is minimized.
Lead a team of Inspectors and Quality Engineers.
- Bachelor's degree from a STEM program
- 6 years of related experience in the aerospace industry
- 4 years of people leadership experience
- Willingness to support the team by working 2nd shift, if required
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications
- Basic technical writing skills are required
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Must have experience managing a department budget
- Master's degree (Mechanical, Electrical, or Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering) from a STEM program or MBA
- Working knowledge of TipQA and/or Costpoint database applications
- Knowledge in how to read schematics and wirelists
- Experience working in an ISO9001/AS9100-certified company
- 2 years of experience in a space system mission assurance role
- Active Top Secret/SCI
- Superior writing skills
- Experience working with a diverse set of internal and external customers
Back to top