Pipeline System Engineer Special Programs- All Levels
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman including motivated System Engineers to join a team participating in the technical development, test, and support on a key program in the Special Intelligence business area.
Position will be located in McClellan (Sacramento), CA or San Jose, CA.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with technical staff in the planning, design, development, and utilization of signal processing systems.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses.
- Provides level-of-effort (LOE) estimates, leads requirements reviews, create various testing documentation using manual and automated techniques, analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems, and works closely with customers, analysts and developers to identify and resolve defects to optimize complex communication systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science / Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Demonstrated system integration and test experience
- Signal analysis and algorithm development for signal processors
- Relevant work experience with C, C , Python and MATHCAD
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Analytical background in a technical field such as information technology, telecommunications or network management
- The candidate must have previous experience solving complex technical problems
- Position requires an individual who has excellent verbal and written communications skills; must be able to multi-task, work independently or as part of a team, communicate (written/verbal) findings in a logical manner including adverse, conflicting, or mitigating information, and meet established deadlines.
- Graduate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics
- Extensive experience with software and hardware interface development
- Past experience working in CMMI Maturity Level 3 environment, supporting Government programs
- Experience with system software development/configuration/ management
- Software integration experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top