Pipeline Professional Technical - All Levels-Computer Systems Architect 4
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
Computer Systems Architect 4
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence… Northrop Grumman ESCSO is seeking a Computer Systems Architect 4 to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team.
The Infrastructure Architect will serve as the lead architect and expert for the NG internal enterprise infrastructure services architecture and solutions. This individual will deal with complex, interrelated applications and systems being designed for today's enterprise infrastructure platforms, and will work with rapidly evolving technologies organizations to analyze and define unique solutions. Working closely with an internal team of highly skilled technical resources the individual will assist and develop the enterprise infrastructure systems and technologies roadmap.
The individual will provide thought leadership and drive architecture and the design of enterprise infrastructure solutions for internal business units, and will demonstrate the understanding of concepts, best practices and functions to implement enterprise IT solutions in a corporate environment.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with enterprise technologies to answer questions and provide vision that help us deliver the best service today and in the future.
- Analyzing client data challenges and business opportunities to write requirements and specifications
- Architecting enterprise solutions that meet the scale, security, and performance requirements of our customers
- Designing and building enterprise-scale data models, repositories, and integration systems
- Software development and scripting to support systems implementation
- Software configuration and management to deploy new systems
- Communication to various levels of management
- Benchmarking systems and analysis of system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
- Clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Ability to recognize and implement common data and software patterns and best practices.
- Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Agile process methods
- Strong knowledge and experience of enterprise application development and integration with databases on multiple platform server technologies.
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 10 years of experience as a technology leader designing and developing data architecture solutions with more than 2 years specializing in enterprise architecture and tools.
- Hands on experience in the design of successful very large business data solutions.
- Experience in designing and developing high-volume mission critical transactional data integration solutions.
- To be able to document use cases, solutions and recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Cloud solutions and DevOps is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top