Pipeline Mechanical Engineer - Missile Launching Hardware, Sunnyvale - All Levels
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems - Marine Systems.
This position supports various aspects of underwater missile launching and handling equipment design. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design of missile launching, handling and test equipment using solid modeling tools
- Conduct first order structural, kinematic analysis to support equipment design
- Select and evaluate materials suitable for underwater missile launching systems
- Provide test program support
- Provide technical fleet support for the existing Trident Launcher System.
- Participate in the generation and revision of engineering drawings and models.
- Participate in the resolution of technical issues related to fleet hardware issues.
Some travel to field site may be required.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and relevant work experience
- Experience with mechanical design tools such as 3D Modeling, GD&T, Tolerance Analysis and/or Structural Analysis
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD secret clearance
- Ability to multi task and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities and individuals
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong academic background in strength of materials, machine design and materials technology
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top