Pilot Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, Sr. Principal
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technical Services sector is seeking a Senior Principal Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Pilot to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals for a rotational OCONUS position based in Chantilly, VA. The selected candidate will remotely pilot vehicles to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers. Defines, plans, organizes and executes complex flight programs and flight test events. Conducts briefings and debriefings, and coordinates with maintenance personnel to analyze and correct vehicle discrepancies. May conduct demonstration flights with customers, government officials or other personnel to exhibit vehicle performance, flying qualities and system capabilities. Develops training curriculum, study outlines, and orientation materials to be employed during procedures, simulation, and/or flight training. Conducts instructional sessions, briefings, follow-ups, and proficiency checks on flight simulators in accordance with federal air regulations and company policies and procedures. Evaluate trainee progress and recommend qualification or additional training. Reviews simulator design and training effectiveness to provide maximum proficiency. Coordinates utilization schedules for training flight crews and necessary engineering support.
- 9 years experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 years with Master's Degree; 4 years with PHD.
- Must be familiar with aviation technical data and training development.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a minimum DoD Top Secret security clearance and be willing to undergo a polygraph.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be proficient using MS Office applications and have had experience using mission planning software such as Falcon View.
- Must the ability to obtain and maintain a valid U.S. passport. Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel. Must be willing to accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to90 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Must have an FAA Commercial Instrument rating and current physical.
- The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- Aviation Instructor/Evaluator experience.
- Previous simulator instructor experience.
- A current SCI clearance and polygraph.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required.
Back to top