Pilot Test 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Test Pilot5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will involve flying aircraft during developmental, engineering and production acceptance test as well as demonstration flights with specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers. The selected candidate will define, plan, organize and execute complex flight programs and flight test events in accordance with military, FAA and ICAO procedures. In addition, the selected candidate will conduct briefings and debriefings, and coordinate with maintenance personnel to analyze and correct vehicle discrepancies. Position is based in Palmdale, CA requiring occasional travel.
* 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD. Preferably in Technology, Engineering or Math or with equivalent technical experience.
* 1,500 first-pilot flight hours minimum
* Military or Civilian Test Pilot School Graduate
* Valid FAA commercial pilot certificate or higher with FAA Instrument Airplane, Single and Multi-Engine Land Ratings
* FAA Class II medical
* Current DoD Secret clearance with investigation in last 5 years required
Preferred Qualifications: .
* Current DoD Top Secret, SAP, or SCI clearance
* Experience in flight testing, with ability to work with engineering to develop solutions to integration issues, and to bridge between the customer users and Northrop Grumman designers
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
* Excellent communications skills, including the ability to brief test results to executive leadership
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top