Pilot Test 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking highly motivated Test Pilots to support E-2D air vehicle and mission systems, ground and flight tests. Candidate will be based in Patuxent River, MD and directly support the E-2D ITT.
- ITT test program support includes Aerial Refueling Experimental Flight Test, future air vehicle development programs, DSSC upgrade development testing, and future mission systems development programs.
- Support engineering, systems safety, and the E-2 program with development of systems and vehicle test plans, procedures, and test cards.
- Provide NATOPS manual inputs and conduct E-2 aircrew training.
- Participate in Air Vehicle and Mission System Technical Interchange Meetings, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, and Flight Readiness Reviews.
- Candidate shall display professionalism, leadership, have a strong work ethic, work well with others, and be able to function as member of the E-2D ITT. Travel in support of FMS programs as well as detachments lasting several weeks will be required.
- Provide oversight for development of test plans / test cards to ensure safety and efficiency
- Lead pre-flight briefs to efficiently coordinate complex air vehicle testing with large team of aircrew and engineers.
- Lead post-flight debriefs to collect relevant test data and ensure lessons learned are captured for future testing
- Execute test missions as pilot in command during real-time, high risk experimental flight test missions
- Coordinate group training events to encourage continued learning within the test team
- Mentor Pilots and Flight Test Engineers
- Incorporate lessons learned and process improvements to maintain / improve safety and efficiency within the team
- Author pilot daily reports highlighting details of test missions
- Manage NATOPS and aircrew training materials changes
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have minimum of 9 years of AviationIndustry orFlight Experience or 7 years with a Master's Degree, or 4 years with a PHD
- InterimDoD Secret clearance or higher
- Must be able to pass FAA Class II physical as a condition of employment
- Minimum100 hours experience in E-2C, E-2D, or C-2
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline
- Test Pilot School graduate (CAT C qualified)
- Test Pilot school instructor experience
- Naval Aviation or USAF Safety Officer School graduate
- Instructor pilot experience
- C-2 pilot experience
- Carrier suitability and Structural loads test experience
- NATOPS model manager experience
- Aviation curriculum development experience
- Minimum 1,000 hours experience in E-2/C-2
- Minimum 2,000 hours total time and 1000 hrs first pilot in any military aircraft
- Current or former E-2D pilot NATOPS Qualification
- InterimDoD Top Secret clearance or higher
- FAA commercial pilot certificate with multi-engine and instrument rating
Back to top