Performance Test Engineer 4
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking multiple Performance Test Engineers to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. These positions will be located in Lanham, Maryland.
The qualified applicants will become part of Northrop Grumman's Technical Support for Enterprise Systems Testing (EST) Domain project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate Non-Functional Requirement documents and identify performance test needs; types of tests, scripting scenarios, volume projections, etc.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple groups to determine, gather and verify performance test needs
- Develop a workload simulation matrix and determine scripting scenarios
- Develop a Performance Test Plan/Strategy document that includes short and long-term test objectives, types of tests required, workload matrix, scenarios, etc.
- Develop test scripts and load projections needed to simulate virtual users
- Develop test execution scenarios for various types of tests such as load, stress, duration/endurance, and run tests.
- Administer deep-dive and methodic performance degradation diagnostics/troubleshooting and propose viable explanations
- Perform heap and thread analysis, database deadlock detection, understand and detect resource contention, etc.
- Suggest improvements and configuration changes that improve performance
- Document test results and develop custom made summary reports to satisfy both technical and non-technical stakeholders
"This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below."Basic Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications for a Performance Test Engineer 4 are:
- Bachelors degree and 9 years related IT experience OR Master's degree and 7 years related IT experience.An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of progressive performance testing and engineering experience
- Experience applying extensive technical expertise in the area of performance testing and advanced scripting
- Possess full knowledge of industry standard SDLCs, including Agile methodology
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Before beginning work, candidate must obtain interim staff-like access based upon an IRS Moderate Risk Background Investigation security clearance
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or possess a minimum 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience in developing multi-protocol (web, database, terminal emulator/mainframe, etc.) advanced scripts that follow object oriented framework using IBM Rational Performance Tester and HP LoadRunner (Performance Center)
- Experience with IRS tax administration systems
- Experience with the Rational suite of tools (e.g., RFT, RQM, and RTC)
- Experience with HP Performance Center (LoadRunner)
- Experience with anyone of the following Application Performance Monitoring and Profiling tools; DynaTrace, Introscope, Tivoli, etc.
- Experience with Common Accessory Scripting Language (CASL) in Attachmate
- Experience with SoapUI
- Experience with IBM mainframe (JCL/TSO)
- Experience with Unisys mainframe
- Current IRS Minimum Background Investigation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top