PeopleSoft Systems Administrator/Principal Systems Administrator
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a PeopleSoft Systems Administrator (PSADMIN)/Principal Systems Administratorto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the Defense Intelligence Agency's HRIS Applications program. This position is physically located in Reston, VA orBolling AFB, DCat the customer site.
The candidate will directly interface with our customer and support staff to provide PeopleSoft Administration support for a customized suite of applications that are primarily based upon Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM 9.2 application. The ideal candidate will be experienced using PeopleSoft Application Designer, have experience installing, configuring, and maintaining PeopleSoft's architecture (Application Server, Process Scheduler, and Web Server, client applications), managing and configuring various PeopleTools utilities, and is capable of performing basic Oracle database administration tasks.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Perform daily PeopleSoft Administration duties to include providing general production and nonproduction support
- Perform project migrations
- Batch processing
- Debugging system issues
- Support general O&M assignments
- Work with PeopleSoft developers to resolve issues, tune code, and execute database queries.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction, consistently delivering timely, high quality products and services on current and future efforts, and working effectively with our employees, subcontractors, and the NGMS and government staff in a diverse team environment.
- Provide Oracle database administration support for PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft databases. To ensure the candidate is successful, Oracle database administration training and mentoring will be provided to develop the candidate's understanding of Oracle database administration techniques and technologies, which include database installation/patching, performance tuning, RMAN backup and recovery, database issue investigation/resolution, and Oracle SOA integration/configuration/sustainment.
Bachelor's Degree with4+ years related experience OR Master's Degree with 2+ years related experience (Additional 4 years related experience can be substituted in lieu of Bachelor's degree)
Basic Qualifications for a Principal PeopleSoft Systems Administrator:
Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years related experience OR Master's Degree with 4+ years related experience, (Additional 4 years related experience can be substituted in lieu of Bachelor's degree)
Basic Qualifications for both levels:
Active Security+ certification
1+ years of experience providing PeopleSoft Administration support
Experience with PeopleTools 8.5+
Strong understanding of the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture
Ability to troubleshoot all areas of the PeopleSoft architecture (Application Server, Process Scheduler, WebServer, and Client installations)
Must be available to provide scheduled and ad hoc evening and weekend support
Must be a US Citizen with active Top Secret SCI Clearance
Ability to obtain and maintain a CI polygraph
- Experience with Oracle 11g or 12c database administration
Experience on UNIX/Linux
Experience in applying PeopleSoft Bundles and Fixes
Experience with Oracle database features such as query optimization, performance tuning, partitioning, RMAN, OEM, and Data Guard
PeopleSoft 9.2 HCM Experience
Integration Broker Experience
Experience maintaining and configuring Control-M scheduler
PeopleCode and SQL Tuning Experience
Strong SQL skills
Excellent listening, analytical, oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Ability to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage multiple and changing priorities
Ability to work as a member of a team or independently as required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top