PC/Helpdesk Support Tech 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Service Desk Technician to join our Enterprise Services team in Melbourne, FL. The successful candidate will provide day-to-day service desk and operational support for a strategic program. The selected candidate will have technical skills that demonstrate a strong understanding of Service Desk and overall IT operations, demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone in support of internal customer computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems, possesses excellent problem solving skills, and will contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
This role have significant local support presence in task workflow and implementation, coordination of both Prod/Dev support,, and act as a local technical point of contact for Data Center infrastructure related requests and issues. He/she will function as a member of the team responsible for 24x7x365 helpdesk operations and Data Center monitoring in a mission critical enterprise environment. (This likely will include shift work)
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Serve as point of contact facilitating Incident Management process.
- Provide technical support for the physical/virtual server infrastructure.
- Operate incident, change, and problem management ticketing systems, including operating system security & patch management.
- Provide escort to un-cleared personnel or vendors in order to remediate outages, equipment failures, or contracted installations.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, network and server resources, systems, and key processes.
- Document, maintain, and disseminate Standard Operating Procedures, knowledgebase articles, and other technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Train new support technicians and ensure they are self-sufficient in a timely manner.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 3 years of related experience. (Appropriate combination of education and experience will be accepted in lieu of the degree)
- Must have an active Secret clearance with a re-investigation date within the past 5 years.
- Must have a CompTIA Security certification or equivalent IA baseline.
- Have a general understanding of servers, OS, PCs, workstations, networks, and other hardware (Windows, Unix, Linux, Cisco).
- The ability to lift 50 pounds and the ability to work from ladders to install equipment and cabling as needed.
- Applicants should display excellent technical problem solving skills, a solid understanding of Windows server operating systems, end-user support in an Active Directory environment and general understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
- Have outstanding customer service experience working to meet SLAs in an ITIL environment.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- A and Network
- Microsoft Certification such as MCP, MCSE or MCSA.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate clearly and comprehensively to senior leadership and technical experts.
- Strong organization and time-management skills, a "can-do" attitude, and a level of comfort with changing priorities.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top