PC Network Support Tech 2
The selected candidate will provide technical support for computers and associated networks. He/she will install, troubleshoot, service, and repair personal computers, related PC software, and related peripheral equipment. The incumbent will provides personal computer, hardware, and software computers and installs approved software.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks.
- Maintain trouble logs.
- Instructs users in the use of personal computers and networks.
- Investigate information, network, and communications needs of users, and make recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases within established Enterprise guidelines.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 1 year of related experience.
- 2 years of experience in providing hardware and software support on Intel Based PC’s to include installing and troubleshooting MS Office products and MS Windows Operating System.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience repairing and supporting PC hardware.
- Experienced in performing desktop deployments and refreshes. (Refreshes consists of scheduling installation with the user, delivering the PC, copying data from the old device to the new device, setting up user environment for logging on to the local WAN, configuring printing environment, installing layer 1 applications and removing old equipment)
- Prior experience working with trouble ticketing system.
- Able to prioritize assigned service calls with minimal direction based on severity of call and established response/resolution times.
- Candidate should have good customer relations\communications skills.
- Candidate must be able to work with limited supervision and with no instructions needed for routine tasks.
- General instructions will only be given on new lines of work or special assignments.
- PROGRAM REQUIREMENT: SECRET CLEARANCE WITH BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION NO OLDER THAN 5 YEARS.
- A or equivalent AA Degree in related field, familiarity with Windows Phones is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top