PC Network Support Tech 2
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Desktop PC Tech for a classified government programat the Palmdale, California site. Individual will perform the following duties on a day to day basis in support of the program.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical support for computers and associated networks.
- Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors. Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks. Performs basic PC setups.
- Instructs and assists users in the use of personal computers and networks.
- Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases.
- Maintains trouble logs.
- Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements.
- Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software. Works with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
- Coordinates with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
- Reviews the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed. Works through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated). Resolves tickets within established SLAs. Raises issues that require management attention or involvement.
- Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
- Works with system administrators and other staff to resolve support issues, escalating where appropriate.
- Participates in new installations, testing and special projects as needed to include data conversion and/or transport.
- Spends significant portions of the day away from the desk supporting users and moving equipment.
- Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
- Support a user environment between the hours of 7pm to 4am.
- Associates degree or other 2 year degree in arelevant discipline and 1 year of related experience or3 years ofrelevant work experiencein lieu ofdegree.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Current Security+ CE or ability to obtain within 6 month of hire.
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products such as Windows Desktop OS, Office Product Suite.
- Bachelor's of Science or other technical based degree.
- DoD Top Secret clearance.
- CompTIA A+ or Network+ Certification.
- Proficiency in remote administration and troubleshooting of desktop PCs, Visio, PowerShell.
- Experience with zero and/or thin client devices.
- Experience in Active Directory configuring user and computer accounts.
- Cross-platform experience (i.e. two or more: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, etc.).
- Experience supporting VMware VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure).
Back to top