PC Network 2
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our team as a PC Network 2. This position is in support of an Air Force (AF) organization located on Kirtland AFB, NM.
Job requires you to provide critical thinking and project planning with general supervision to maintain and develop new concepts for at least four (4) different network systems for compliance with DoD Information Assurance (IA) standards of multi-user computer systems and servers using physical and virtual computer system environments. Will interact with vendors and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software via customer process and tools. Develop and monitor DoD policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
Duties will Include
- Research, recommend, and document architectural hardware & software solutions;
- Installing, configuring, operating, maintaining, upgrading, and administering AIS software/hardware;
- Troubleshooting and implementing approved corrective actions for hardware;
- Advise, troubleshoot, and implement approved corrective actions for Software such as Microsoft Server/Client environments, Microsoft database systems, printing, backup, file services, and SharePoint, etc.
- Tuning system performance of server and client systems,
- Allocating mass storage space systems,
- Monitoring system/data backup and recovery,
- Maintaining system documentation.
- Identify, recommend, and enforce Information Systems (IS) Security practices
- Update and Maintain current Anti-Virus structures on networks and stand-alone systems.
Must have at least a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must have at least 4 years of experience in AIS Administration. (A minimum of 4 years combined between college education and relevant experience).
Must have excellent communication skills.
Must be a US Citizen.
Must possess and maintain a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
Must possess and maintain a current Security CE.
Must possess or be able to obtain a MCSA certification in Windows 8 or higher within 90 days of start date.
Must be flexible and be able to work outside normal business hours to support the mission.
Must be willing and able to travel when required to support the mission.
- Must have knowledge and Experience with the following:
a. Windows 8 or higher
b. Active Directory
e. Group Policy
f. Backup and Recovery
g. Configuration Management.
- Knowledge and Experiences in any of the following:
a. Automated Software and System deployment capability.
b. VMware VSphere and ESXi
c. McAfee EPO
d. SharePoint administration
e. Exchange administration
f. Scripting (PowerShell)
g. Network Attached Storage
- Current MCSA certification in Windows 8 or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top