PC Desktop Support Tech 2 (Lake Charles)
Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies... Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced PC Desktop Support Tech for its opening in Lake Charles, LA. The qualified tech will provide technical support for computers. Install, troubleshoot, service, upgrade and repair personal computers and related PC software. Connect personal computers to existing networks. Refresh and/or decommission old devices.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to.
- Provides technical support for computers and associated networks
- Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors. Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks
- Performs basic PC setups/refreshes
- Instructs and assists users in the use of personal computers and networks
- Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases
- Maintains trouble logs
- Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements.
- Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software.
- Works with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
- Coordinates with users, service desk, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
- Reviews the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed.
- Works through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated).
- Resolves tickets within established SLAs.
- Raises issues that require management attention or involvement.
- Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
- Works with system administrators and other staff to resolve support issues, escalating where appropriate.
- Participates in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
- Spends significant portions of the day away from the desk supporting users and moving equipment.
- Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
Candidate must be able to work with limited supervision and with no instructions needed for routine tasks. General instructions will only be given on new lines of work or special assignments. As a PC/Network Support Technician, the candidate's primary job responsibilities will be to deliver Client Computing Services to Northrop Grumman customers. This position requires the candidate possess exceptional customer focus and have an ability to perform in a high stress, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree with0 year of IT experience; OR an Associates degreewith1 year of IT experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with3 years of IT experience is required
- Must have PC Helpdesk or Desktop experience, supportingend-users with hardware component issuessuch as video cards, hard drives, network adapters, and motherboards
- Must possess either a Dell, HP, A+, Network+, Security+, or other similar IT certification(s)
- Must have experience with thefollowing Microsoft products: Windows 7, Windows 10, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Must be able to work after hours, or weekends, as necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance
- The ideal candidate will have an Associates degree, an A+ certification, and2 years of Desktop Support experience in a large enterprise environment
- HP and/or Dell Warranty Support Certification, a Network+ certification, or other Microsoft or Cisco certifications,are a plus
- Proficiency in remote administration, and troubleshooting of desktop PCs would be nice to have
- PowerShell scripting abilities preferred
- Experience with zero or thin client devices desirable
- Experience in Active Directory, configuring user and computer accounts, would be nice to have
- Cross-platform operating systems experience (i.e. two or more of the following OS: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, AIX) ispreferred
- Experience supporting Win10 and Bitlocker in a corporate environment
- Experience supporting VMware /VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) a huge plus
- DoD Secret clearance would be nice to have
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top