Payload Field Engineer 2
Resilient Network Solutions (RNS) develops, fields and sustains systems and infrastructures to connect disparate systems and enable network-centric operations.
Communications background: 2-3 years of specific experience or similar experience in related field and military technical equivalent. The Payload Field Engineer will be part of a team operating a complex tactical system, providing voice and data services in a sustained operational location overseas and CONUS. Duties include operating and maintaining the ground node portions of a network communications system, develop operational procedures and reports, and preparing a airborne mission system payloads for flight.
Candidate shall have broad experience with the operations, configuration and maintenance of military communications systems and data links, networks and radios to include the PRC-117, PSC-5, ARC-210, SADL and Link 16 MIDS LVT. Candidate should have knowledge of computers, radios, radio transmission fundamentals, RF theory and A/C power distribution systems as well as commercial and military interface and networking standards to include RS-232, RS-422, 1553, TCP/IP and UDP. Candidate should possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and the ability to read electrical drawings and schematics. Candidate should also have experience with electrical soldering and mil-standard connectors. Job tasks include performing preflight system tests, as well as preventative and corrective maintenance of all aspects of a radio based communications system.
The candidate will work closely with the Active Duty/Government customer as well as internal; NG Contingency & Deployment (CDO) and System Engineering Teams. Extended travel to hazardous overseas duty locations required. Years of experience acceptable in lieu of degree.
At least 2-3 years specific experience or similar experience in related field and military technical equivalent. 6 Years of experience acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Must have strong knowledge of; Link-16, VMF, SADL, SAT-J and JREAP
- Must have prior experience with operating; PRC-117, PSC-5, ARC-210, SADL, MIDS LVT1/2/3/11 and general RF Knowledge
- Experience with collection of data to assist in development of reports and capturing of metrics/summaries used in post-mission analysis/reports
- Experience in COMSEC handling procedures, material/system classification guidance and use of COMSEC KEYING Materials and proficiency in operating the Simple Key Loader SKL COMSEC device, including database transfer, key assignments, and building of equipment and platform parameters within the device
- Experience in Link 16, SADL, EPLRS and Network Description Documents, Cut-Sheets and Link-16 loads files
- Experience with Air Tasking Order (ATO), Airspace Control Order (ACO), Airspace Control Plan (ACP) and Frequency Allocation Plan (FAP)
- Experience with Falcon View (FV) applications, FV Inter-Visibility Tools
- Ability to interface directly with customers
- Must have a Current/Active Secret (or above) clearance.
- Must be able to work under supervision, as well as independently.
- Must have above average communication skills (both written and verbal) and be able to write reports.
- Must be able to travel (up to 75%)
Briefing skills, good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project). Preferred Certifications: DoD 8570 IAT Level I or greater, Security , LINUX or CCNA a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top