Part time Systems Engineer (on call)
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services (NGTS) is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) with experience in acoustic data intelligence to work in San Diego, CA. NGTS is an industry leader in developing, integrating, and sustaining complex systems for the US Department of Defense. Join NGTS where Technology and Teamwork come together to best support the Department of Defense. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's SSC PAC support team providing onsite support for research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) programs. Northrop Grumman will provide technical and engineering support to operationalize ACINT and normalize ISR Acoustic TCPED operations for Aircraft (MPRA), submarines, sonar-enabled surface ships, and Integrated Undersea Surveillance Systems (IUSS), and unmanned and unattended sensing systems collecting and sharing data in a robust Cybersecurity Environment. Northrop Grumman will prepare, track and adjust an Integrated Master Schedule, develop and facilitate appropriate working groups, and coordinate the update of associated Data Standards Package Drafts for a data architecture amenable to protect, store, disseminate and manage acoustic intelligence data in the realm of cyberspace.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- 5 years of acquisition management for Department of Defense
- 15 years experience working with Navy Acoustic systems
- 5 years developing Navy Technical Documentation
- 5 years working with systems engineering IPTs and/or working groups
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management or Business Administration
- 10 years direct Department of Defense acquisition management
- 15 years working with systems engineering IPTs and/or working groups
- 15 years Integrated Undersea Surveillance Systems (IUSS) data
- Position prefers a candidate with a current Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top