Packaging Engineer 2 (Palmdale, CA)
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is looking for a Packaging Engineer 2 for our Palmdale, CA facility to support multiple programs.
The Packaging Engineer 2 will develop Military and commercial reusable and short life shipping and storage containers, material handling, and parts protection devices for use during in process manufacturing of parts and assemblies, direct line feed applications, and the transportability of program hardware
Responsibilities in a team environment include:
- Designs, develops, and tests a wide variety of containers used for the protection, display, and handling of products.
- Develop material handling and Parts Protection Specifications, Special Packaging Instructions and Coded Packaging Data
- Determines packaging specifications according to the nature of the product, cost limitations, legal requirements, and the type of protection required, considering need for resistance to such external variables as moisture, corrosive chemicals, temperature variations, light, heat, rough handling, and tampering.
- Designs package exteriors considering such factors as product identification, sales appeal, aesthetic quality, and printing and production techniques. Documentation management and an understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Functions as a Liaison primarily to internal company contacts, (inter-organizational teams) and occasionally with outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Requires a Bachelor Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) Discipline plus knowledge in packaging or material handling design
- Must have 2 years recent drawing experience, (CATIA & AutoCad Software)
- Must have excellent analytical skills
- Must have working knowledge of PC applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Schedule and Microsoft Project
- Must have an Active Secret clearance
- Must possess leadership/people skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top