P-3 Staff Structural Engineer
- Jacksonville, FL
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Our P-3 Customs and Border Protection program is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join their diverse team in Cecil Field, FL. The P-3 program organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Additionally, Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.
As our Senior Structural Engineer, you will have the opportunity to perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. In addition, s/he will establish program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks. Come be a part of our mission!
- Conduct structural evaluation of the MRB tag for compliance with strength and fatigue requirements
- Support shop floor, liaison engineering and NDI technicians with repair approach and tag disposition
- Ensure that the repair provides adequate strength and durability to the structure
- Assis with the selection of alternate repair materials and substitute fasteners
- Support program milestones through timely release of reports and dispositions.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of all repairs and dispositions to identify common dispositions and repair procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or related discipline with 14 plus years of structural analysis and airframe repair experience; or 12 plus years' experience with a Master's degree in science, engineering or related discipline.
- Active Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain/maintain the required DHS Clearance for this program.
- Experience with working knowledge of aircraft drawings, engineering change proposals (ECPs) and structural modifications.
- Experience dispositioning MRB tags.
- Hand calculations and computer aided analysis of aircraft structures
- Familiarity with P-3 primary and secondary structures
- Experience with primary aircraft structure repair
- Familiarity with airframe load paths
- Working knowledge of aircraft fatigue and damage tolerance analysis methods
Back to top