P-3 Sr Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
- Jacksonville, FL
Global Supply Chain
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Are you ready to put your experience to work a Northrop Grumman? If so, our Technology Services Sector wants you to join our Team as a Subcontracts Administrator. This position will be located in Cecil Field, Jacksonville, FL for a start-up contract. The contract is to provide 24/7/365 Contractor Logistics Support for the Customs and Border Patrol's P-3 fleet.
Your duties include:
- Sources and procures specialized goods and services.
- Owns contractual management for the supplier.
- Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
- Supports the proposal process and will also negotiate and coordinate additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
Back to top