P-3 AOS Maintenance and Control Manager
- Jacksonville, FL
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced personnel with P-3 aircraft background to support a contingent maintenance program with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in Jacksonville, FL. The CBP P-3 fleet consists of Airborne Early Warning (AEW) and Long Range Tracker (LRT) high-endurance, all-weather, tactical turbo-prop aircraft. The AEW aircraft are utilized primarily for long-range patrols along the entire U.S. border, and in source and transit zone countries. The LRT aircraft are used to intercept, track airborne and surface threats in source and transit zone countries. The P-3 aircraft are equipped with state-of-the-art, highly sophisticated sensor equipment, i.e., radar, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) detecting systems.
Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, we need you to join our team as an Aircraft Maintenance and Material Control Manager and be a part of our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Jacksonville, FL and will have oversite of detachment locations both CONUS and internationally.
You will oversee and control the continuation of aircraft maintenance functions in the area of responsibility as directed by the Site Manager and may be required to fill in for the site manager in his/her absence. In performing the job, an individual in this position experiences significant interface with company officers, other members of senior management, managers, and supervisors, other employees of all levels, external vendors/suppliers, customers, and government agency representatives.
Work accomplished provides for aircraft airworthiness upon completion of the tasks assigned or required by the customer. Candidate plans and schedules departmental workloads and supervises shift operations to maximize the effective utilization of employees, equipment and material/supplies to maintain project profitability as communicated by Northrop Grumman Leadership Team and customer requirements. Employee is responsible for the overall maintenance and material production effort of the department.
Work at this level requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of P-3 aircraft propulsion systems / component troubleshooting and repair procedures and replacement of components. Candidate should possess a thorough knowledge of P-3 aircraft fuel systems and repair, with ability to determine functionality of complex electrical systems, with the ability to provide technical support to maintenance management, propulsion / airframe engineers and customers. Additional job duties are required to verify the work was performed satisfactorily and all documentation has been completed. Candidate is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to all supervisors and technicians.
- Provide supervision and direction to aircraft maintenance personnel in carrying out aircraft maintenance functions as required, thereby maximizing efficiency and minimizing work hours and errors. Monitors work performance on a regular basis.
- Ensure that assigned aircraft maintenance work is properly performed and is legibly documented.
- Monitor and control project materials and maintenance labor expenses with regard to overtime requirements and limitations, according to instructions, plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Oversee the correct use of tools and equipment required to accomplish assigned tasks efficiently, properly, and safely.
- Provide liaison with other departments to ensure proper coordination of support efforts and availability of required information.
- Ensure work progress is accurately documented on non-routine or routine paperwork to include stamps, signatures, and references per local SOPs.
- Ensure proper maintenance and control of aircraft visibility work boards indicating work remaining and work in progress, as appropriate.
- Review estimates for all non-routine maintenance documents and communicates any major defects or findings to the site manager.
- Initiate and approve personnel actions including PTO, pay changes, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and leaves of absence.
- Interview, select, and/or recommend hire of employees; and provide appropriate training for departmental personnel.
- Document, report, and investigate all accidents in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures with regard to all department functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Basic Qualifications :
1. Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience in an aviation maintenance supervisory and/or management position.
2. A minimum of 10 years of multiengine transport category aircraft experience with 5 years in a documented supervisor position with oversite to troubleshoot P-3 aircraft mechanical, engine and propeller systems.
3. Ability to work any assigned shift and overtime as needed in order to support our 24/7, 365 days a year mission.
4. Ability to multi-task various projects at a time and complete in a timely manner.
5. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
6. A current DoD Secret Security clearance.
7. Ability to pass/maintain a Department of Homeland Security Background Investigation.
1. Ability to troubleshoot, isolate problems and repair all P-3 aircraft mechanical, electrical, engine and propeller systems including avionics.
2. Experience on P-3 aircraft in the structural repair, fabrication, modification and installation of sheet metal parts, items, and assemblies.
3. P-3 engine turn qualification.
4. Familiarity with the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) or equivalent.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top