P - 3 SCA Aircraft Mechanic 3 / Inspector / Secret / Lake Charles
- Lake Charles, LA
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced personnel with P-3 aircraft background to support a contingent maintenance program with Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The CBP P-3 fleet consists of Airborne Early Warning (AEW) and Long Range Tracker (LRT) high-endurance, all-weather, tactical turbo-prop aircraft. The AEW aircraft are utilized primarily for long-range patrols along the entire U.S. border, and in source and transit zone countries. The LRT aircraft are used to intercept, track airborne and surface threats in source and transit zone countries. The P-3 aircraft are equipped with state-of-the-art, highly sophisticated sensor equipment, i.e., radar, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) detecting systems.
Are you ready to put your management experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Defense Systems needs you to join our Team as a P-3 SCA Aircraft Mechanic 3 / Inspector. The positions are located in Lake Charles, LA and your primary duty is to inspect aircraft systems, equipment and parts for operation and conformance to customer and company standards and specifications.
Your duties include:
Inspect the adjustments, repairs, or modifications made on the P-3 aircraft.
Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Ensure P3 Aircraft Airworthiness.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years additional education and/or related experience.
2. A current Airframe and Powerplant licenses and Inspection Authorization Inspection (IA) certification.
3. Knowledge of various Aviation and/or Aerospace Industry practices.
4. A minimum of 4 years of practical experience with the application and use of technical data and blueprints.
5. A minimum of 3 years of experience analyzing situations to discover facts, knowledge, and interpretations to carry out prescribed actions(s).
6. A minimum of 3 years of experience with aircraft logbooks and airworthiness release of aircraft
7. Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
8. Ability to work flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends.
9. Ability to be on-call for our 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year facility.
10. Ability to obtain and maintain a valid U.S. passport for OCONUS travel.
11. A current Secret Security Clearance.
12. Ability to pass/maintain a Department of Homeland Security Background Investigation.
1. Operational experience vs. manufacturing or production experience.
2. Experience with P-3 platform.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top