Orbital Analyst / Satellite Network Monitor 2 or 3
Northrop Grumman Information Systems is seeking an experienced Orbit Analyst / Satellite Network Monitor 2 or 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located on-site in a government customer facility at Schriever AFB, CO.
Responsibilities include orbit analysis, orbit product generation and product distribution functions supporting daily orbit activities, launch nominal planning and day of launch activities. Perform daily orbital determination and analysis functions for customer-supported space systems. Provide orbit data to execute numerous satellite contacts a day and also provide orbit data to external users. Perform orbital engineering tasks required to support launch operations including sensor coverage and telemetry collection planning using link margin analysis and other tools, predicting trajectory and estimating the final orbit. Participate in Orbit Analysis technology insertion initiatives. Participate in program to customer interface requirements definition. Interface with external users to ensure program and customer mission success. Interface with external customers to maintain tracking station location, obscura, and Transmit Inhibit Zone data. Participate in testing efforts of newly upgraded tracking stations. Participate in customer education of basic astro-dynamics. Support and perform future Orbit Analyst software and hardware upgrades leading to the automation of many of the Orbit Analyst functions supporting both daily OA activities and OA launch support activities.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
- For the level 2, Bachelors degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace, or related field with 2 years of experience, or 6 years in lieu of a degree
- For the level 3, Bachelors degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace, or related field with 5 years of experience, or 9 years in lieu of a degree
- Self motivated and able to provide solutions to highly technical problems.
- Successful applicant must have good organizational skills and the ability to handle multi-tasking.
- Ability to identify and achieve multiple milestones spread across various calendars and schedules.
- Ability to create and follow standard processes and clearly document results
Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, demonstrated by frequent and successful application of technical standards, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface effectively with users, customers, management, and other engineering personnel
- Knowledge and experience with STK, ODTK, Matlab and other COTS products
- Knowledge and experience with satellite command & control theories and methodologies
- Active DoD TS/SCI
- Capable of evaluating established and emerging technologies for applicability to architectural initiatives
- Experience in executing the project life cycle of requirements analysis, design, hardware and/or software development, integration, test, and sustainment
- Experience in evaluating viability of vendor and government-provided HW/SW as part of technology/product trade studies
- Experience with project management and requirements analysis and requirements management
- Knowledge and experience in systems engineering methodology and related engineering processes
- Knowledge of communications (network and RF) topologies, including SGLS, K and X band design
- Understanding of Satellite C2 architectures and related state of art in emerging C2 systems
- Knowledge in AFSCN and Comm systems and topology
- Possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top