Northrop Grumman is looking for an Oracle Developer to support the DSS program as a member of the Application Support team. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The Oracle Developer will provide Technical expertise to thoroughly design applications/solutions based on given requirements and providing time estimates to meet business requirements. A successful candidate will possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and makes recommendations affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Analyze, design, implement, maintain and support systems development applications to requirements
- Translate design requirement into reliable solutions using appropriate technologies, languages and tools.
- Conduct functional/technical aspects of design, as well as provide accurate estimates, develop code to DSS standards with quality as a priority
- Test thoroughly before progressing to next state in SDLC and be accountable at delivering a quality product
- Create, modify, and test the codes, scripts, and forms that allow a system to run different types of applications
- accountable for database development, implementation and post-implementation maintenance and support
- Analyze business processes, make recommendations to improve workflow, streamline processes, increase/improve business process use of existing Oracle functionalities, and improve compliance
- Write design documents, release notes, unit test cases
- 9 years of experience with Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Software Development or other related STEM degree (7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.)
- 6 years hands-on design, coding, integration, and deployment experience in enterprise applications.
- Oracle 10/11g SQL and PL/SQL and Orcale developer 6i Forms and Reports development experience
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML
- Sound knowledge of the SDLC process
- Familiar with standard software development tools, including defect tracking, documentation, and testing systems.
- IAT-II or III IA Baseline Certification (SEC , CISSP or equivalent)
- Must possess active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- An applicable computing environment certification (Oracle Certification)
- Experience designing & building software in a DoD environment; building systems that comply with IA controls; in an agile development environment
- Informatica experience
- Strong UNIX and Shell Scripting knowledge
- Strong C, C programming skills and also knowledge on Java technologies.
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top