Oracle Developer and Administrator
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Entry Level Oracle Developer and Administrator with Oracle Forms responsibilities to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Eagan, MN.
We are looking for a recent college graduate to join or team supporting the US Postal Service. This is a contract to provide USPS Information Technology with professional, technical and support services to support the application development, database production support, help desk administration, LAN administration and various requirements for distributed technical support throughout the USPS enterprise.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivator and possesses a high sense of urgency and high level of integrity to become a member of this team. This position will work alone or as part of a team on small, moderately complex projects, assisting higher level analysts/programmers in the analysis, evaluation, development and maintenance of computer programs, systems, and procedures used to process data.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- MUST have Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or other related technical discipline.
- Must have a 3.2 GPA or higher
- Less than one year related technical experience
- Knowledge with Oracle database products
- Ability to use relational database technology.
- Ability to write and edit SQL
- Knowledge of application development, such as WEB, batch, and object-oriented.
- Knowledge of industry-standard software development life cycle processes.
- Experience writing, editing and updating programs in support of software applications, using one or more programming languages such as JAVA, SQL, and/or basic Visual Basic.
- Experience testing, debugging and repairing programs sufficient to meet software specifications.
- Ability to solve problems using analytical skills.
- Ability to work without immediate supervision.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to read and understand job-related materials such as instructions, specifications, references and manuals.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
- Knowledge of Oracle Forms and Reports
- GPA of 3.7 of higher is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top