OPF Finals Lead Composites Opr 2
- Clinton, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a OPF Highbay Lead Composites Opr 2 Associate for Clearfield, UT location.
Position will be awarded as a lateral grade and pay, with Lead Premium Adjustment.
Lead positions will be awarded in the following areas/schedules:
Highbay Weekday nights (Mon, Tues, Wed, and OT as needed)
As a Lead Composite Highbay Operator, you will work on and inspect next generation composite structures.
This job involves the manufacturing of composite structures by following procedures precisely to achieve close tolerance process efficiency
Responsibilities of a lead include:
- Directing of day to day activities in your assigned cell
- Successful candidate will be the focal point for the manufacturing processes in assigned area
- Responsible for the daily communication between the work cells and the applicable support groups
- Expected to acquire/demonstrate solid working knowledge of assigned cells
- Be able to effectively train and coordinate lower level technicians
- Must be willing to lead by example and support all safety measures
- Required to participate in process reviews and aid area leadership in maintaining the plant standards
- Candidate must have 3-5 years of machine operating experience and/or related education
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use standard measuring equipment
- Must be able to read technical specifications and operating procedures
- Must be able to work shift work
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
Preferred skills / education:
- Previous composite, manufacturing, or production experience preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top