Operations Team Supervisor
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman has aswing shift Operations Team Supervisor position at our Bacchus, UT plant to manage a team of touch labor operators in the Case Prep area.
As an Operations Team Supervisor you will be responsible for direct supervision of case and insulator prep manufacturing activities. This would include the receiving and handling of empty cases, installation of the exterior cork insulation, hand buffing and cleaning of the interior insulator, installation of mold assembly tooling and processes related to the prep and spraying of case/propellant bonding materials. Critical motor handling and accountable for safety, quality, on the job training, productivity, and hardware delivery schedules within areas of responsibility. Communicates expectations clearly and initiates necessary actions to ensure that organizational goals and business objectives are accomplished. Ensures company policy directives and operating procedures are being followed. Maintains a presence at the point of most criticality or difficulty to favorably influence the operations of a high performance manufacturing team. Exemplifies adherence to all safety rules, regulations, and standards.
- High School diploma or GED with 8 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Two years of successful team leadership
- Skill in interpreting engineering drawings, specifications and operating procedures
- Knowledge of MM&IR, Safety and Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a security clearance.
- A.S. degree plus six years' experience or a B.S. degree with four years of experience.
- One year experience using visual daily management systems, standard work and coaching techniques.
- Demonstrated experience leading a work team to achieve organizational goals and takes ownership.
- Basic computer skills to include Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates skill and initiative in resolving functional or process related problems or issues
- Demonstrated skill in interpreting engineering drawings, specifications and operating procedures
- Familiarity with Case Prep procedures and processes
- Manufacturing experience including knowledge of supporting systems including MM&IR, OPCB, Safety and QA policies
- Maintains consistent desire and interest in personal growth and development.
- Promotes new ideas and continuous improvement, utilizes employee cooperation and involvement to achieve CI objectives.
- Provides constructive criticism and positive reinforcement
- Is accessible/ available and has the awareness of self-limitations
- Communicates effectively and make sound business decisions
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top