At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman SSSD is seeking an Operations Systems Controller (Systems Engineer) looking to work as a member of an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) crew on a rotating 12-hr shift schedule at a field site located in Alice Springs, AU.
The Operations Crew Department is seeking an engineer who will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring system and subsystem operation and performance and preparing periodic status reports
- Investigating and responding to all indications of anomalous system performance
- Assisting in the preparation and review of standard operations procedures and system redundancy management documentation
- Supporting system reconfiguration and mode changes
- Supporting special system operations of a non-routine nature
- Monitoring several real-time systems and implementing procedures required for control and status of these systems in response to anomalous behavior
- Monitoring equipment health and status to ensure the highest possible level of mission readiness
- Continuous core skill improvement training
- Follow-on advanced operator training
- System performance improvement tasks involving Perl programming and standard operating procedure modifications
- An initial 2-year tour commitment is required.
- The successful candidate must pass a comprehensive physical and psychological examination prior to beginning this assignment.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited institution and two (2) years of relevant technical experience in any engineering field such as mechanical, electrical, computer science, or optical engineering
- Experience executing standard operating procedures to provide mission support during command and control of real-time operations systems
- Active Top Secret/SCI or DoD Top Secret with an SSBI and counterintelligence polygraph examination
- Willingness to complete a two year overseas tour commitment
- Willingness to complete a comprehensive physical and psychological examination and security/polygraph screening prior to beginning the assignment
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.