Operations Support Engineer 3 (Aurora, CO)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Operations Support Engineer to be a member of a cross-discipline specialist engineering team located in Aurora, CO responsible for system problem/anomaly resolution support, data trending and performance analyses. The team also provides program expertise on engineering subsystems and maintains a baseline of operational products. Assignments can involve a combination of systems analysis and training related tasks.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Development and improvement of operations processes/products
- Investigation and diagnosis of unexpected system signatures
- Supporting coordination/execution of system maintenance tasks and coordinating across multiple contractor organizations including customer and external system partners to diligently accomplish all tasks
- Providing 24x7on-call support to lead the resolution of system issues. May involve periodic rotating crew shifts to maintain proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in an STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) plus a minimum 6 yearsof experience supporting real time operations
- Current SSBI and ability to possess and retain an SCI clearance with Counter Intelligence polygraph
- Proficiency using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work odd and/or extended hours covering a 24/7 period and periodic rotating12-hour shifts
- Must be able to work as an effective member of a team, be self-motivated, and work under general direction while independently determining and developing approaches to solutions
- Engineering or Scientific degree preferred
- Demonstrated background in one or more relevant engineering disciplines: electrical/mechanical/ aerospace or systems engineering
- Ability to develop and maintain operational procedures, products and training materials
- Previous experience with troubleshooting and performing analysis on operational systems
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF), Digital, Power, Thermal, Control, and/or Communications systems design and operational use
- Familiarity and practical use with Matlab / Python and Linux and scripting languages (especially TCL/TK and/or PERL)
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top