Operations Project Manager 4 (OPM)
Please note that this is a Professional / Technical Staff Band 4 position, not a Management position.
The Operations Project Manager 4 (OPM) coordinates and directs activities between Manufacturing, Engineering, Materials and Test to develop and execute manufacturing build plans. The OPM is responsible for coordinating schedules and cost requirements; manufacturing visibility to both the Program Office and the Customer; and maintaining quality, cost, and schedule requirements. The OPM will act as a leader or member of a product team - responsible for product-level requirements analysis, design, engineering, and fabrication of the products assigned - with the ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
The OPM must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to interface with all functional areas related to hardware support and delivery.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Candidates with a non-STEM Bachelor's degree need a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience or a Master's degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree or higher in a STEM area (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) need 9 years of relevant work experience or 7 years of relevant work experience with a Master's degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Some leadership and project management experience
- Experience with SAP and Earned Value
- Strong working knowledge and experience with material requirements planning, inventory, and production material management
- Experience as a CAM (Control Account Manager) managing Earned Value
- Active and current Secret government clearance
- Previous Manufacturing, Program or Engineering experience on fast paced production programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top