Operations Project Engineer 4
Location: Linthicum, US
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Clearance Type: None
Number of Openings : 2
Shift : 1st Shift
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Project Engineers to join our team of qualified, diverse individualsin the Advanced Microelectronics Cell(AMEC) in Baltimore, Maryland.
The AMEC assembles and tests circulators/isolators, integrated microwave assemblies (IMAs), Quad Flat No-leadspackages (QFNs), and Transmit/Receive Modules (T/R Modules) on ceramic and organic substrates.
The primary responsibilities of Project Engineering is to facilitate the non-recurring engineering, process and toolingdevelopment, and production follow on their products. This is achieved through collaboration with program management,design, manufacturing, quality and production personnel to execute developmental and production programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare factory to produce AMEC products - Represent manufacturing as part of the Integrated Product Team, evaluating and communicating producibility concerns and recommendations to the IPT.
- Plan and execute manufacturing risk-reduction activities as needed
- Collaborate with production and the program office to facilitate develop the manufacturing build plan
- Manage development of processes and tooling within cost and schedule allocation culminating in a ManufacturingReadiness Review
- Manage product yield and throughput - Generate regular visibility metrics monitoring health of the build
- Lead cross-functional teams including design, manufacturing, and test engineering to solve technical issues and yielddetractors
- Continuously improve project engineering capabilities - Create and refine project engineering tools to enable efficient data mining/tracking, visibility reports, etc.
- STEM-related BS degree with 9 years related professional experience OR MS degree with 7 years related professionalexperience OR PhD with 4 years related professional experience
- Experience working with the manufacturing of electronics
- Project Engineering experience with exposure to the following areas: scheduling, planning, costing, technical projectmanagement, handling technical issues, and process development
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically: Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, determined via interview
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities as evidenced by prior experience leading a team or project (This may be partof an education/college related project team or activity)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance is required. (US citizenship is a prerequisite)
- 5 - 10 years of microelectronics or hybrid technology design or manufacturing experience with knowledge of thetechnologies and materials involved.
- Engineering, Physics, Material Science, or Computer Science degree
- Familiarity with MIL-STD and Space manufacturing requirements
- Familiarity with Design-of-Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control, 6-Sigma, and Green Belt concepts
- Familiarity with SAP Manufacturing Execution System
- Demonstrated ability to manage a multiple project to schedule and budget
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams
- Current active US Secret level security
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job ID: 16018423
Back to top