Operations Manager with DoD IS, DESMF or ITIL
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Manager of Product Support/Operations Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Monterey, CA.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's organization supporting the Army Analytics Group's Research Facilitation Laboratory located in Monterey, California. The team conducts a variety of research studies and supports data analytics efforts for clients across the Army, Office of the Secretary of Defense and greater DoD, conducting high-quality research with practical real-world implications. The team works primarily within a data environment that houses a wealth of administrative, personnel, survey, and medical data (i.e., big data) on extremely large populations. Projects generally focus on resilience, health, and readiness among military service members, and include population-based studies, machine learning projects, visual analytics platforms, measurement analysis, and pilot program evaluations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage an operations team supporting a virtual data environment, both on premise and virtually in the Cloud.
- Define acceptable quality levels for a DoD system.
- Ensure quality of service for end users by implementing effective IT management processes.
- Perform day-to-day operational tasks in support of maintaining service levels.
- Coordinate and communicate with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Adjudicate change requests.
- Manage task timelines and team workloads, communicating impacts of any realized risks or new requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BA/BS degree and 6+ years of experience; MA/MS and 4+ years of experience.
- Experience managing operations for DoD Information Systems.
- Experience working with DESMF, ITIL, or similar frameworks.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/hold a Secret clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience migrating and operating systems in AWS GovCloud environment.
- Familiarity with DoD RMF Process.
- Experience managing data warehouses.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top