Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking an Operations Manager for Health IT to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in our Woodlawn, MD (Baltimore) facility.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Fraud, Waste, and Abuse portfolio in support of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), managing and directing the business operations support services teams. The Operations Manager position will provide operations & maintenance production support services on a cutting-edge healthcare program. The position will function as the Project Manager, overseeing the operations of Engineering Change Control and administration of production applications and tools. The successful candidate will be able to work in a dynamic and energetic environment. Multi-tasking, time-management, and customer relationship skills will be keys for success.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all technical, personnel, and process improvement aspects for assigned department.
- Maintain the Bill of Materials for Infrastructure contractors to procure or license renewal
- Manage development, test, and production environment installation and check-out activities
- Manage operational planning and procedures
- Manage sizing and capacity planning activities
- Establish, enhance & monitor Service Level Agreements
- Interface with infrastructure contractors managing assets in the customer's owned data centers.
- Ensure that all applicable corporate policies and procedures are followed throughout organization.
- Support CMS (external) and NGC (internal) standards, as required.
- Provide leadership and employee development to direct reports and team members.
- Deliver on plan, according to cost and schedule constraints and SOW and all other requirements.
- Follow established NGC project management and mission assurance processes.
- Coordinate technical activities with staff.
- Proactively improve processes.
- Follow human resources and security rules of engagement and ensure that employee engagement scores are at or above average. Focus on employee retention.
- Interact with customer to develop a strong relationship, with ability to confidently represent NGC interests while also driving customer satisfaction.
- Review deliverables to ensure quality and quantity of work meets expectations.
- Respond to ad-hoc customer service requests and inquiries.
- Present status reports, meeting minutes, etc. at meetings and deliver on action items.
- Generate metrics that demonstrate operational excellence.
- Work experience involving Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- Bachelors Degree in IT or related subject.
- ITIL Certification
- Minimum of five (5) years of management or supervisory experience, leading staff of 5 or more people.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with subcontract and stakeholder management.
- Experience managing and/or leading IT operations/help desk/support services department.
- Proven written and verbal communications skills a must
- Demonstrated experience working as a contractor to a federal client.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams and manage customer expectations
- Ability to multi-task in time-constrained scenarios.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation which requires Legal Permanent Resident status or US Citizenship.
- Experience working in data center or production control environment.
- Experienced in subcontract management.
- Knowledge of Fraud, Waste, and Abuse business
- Knowledge of the following technical areas: Big Data, Analytics Packages, Business Intelligence, Identity Management
- Prior Remedy incident management system use a plus
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top