Operations & Maintenance Systems Engineer Sr
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a qualified and experienced Operations & Maintenance (O&M) senior level Systems Engineer. This position will include working within an agile development team to help implement and maintain smooth operation of systems. All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required.
- Perform production support (tier-2, some tier-3) for Java and J2EE based applications
- Support infrastructure Change Requests
- Troubleshoot production issues, going through weblogic, tomcat and application level logs, configurations to isolate problem source
- Work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams
- Enhance existing custom monitoring tool developed in Java
- Review and understand Weblogic logs, configurations and troubleshoot as necessary
- Provide 24x7 on-call support on rotation basis
- At least 9+ Years' experience with Bachelors in Science; 7+ Years with Masters; 4+ Years with PhD
- Experience reading, writing and executing moderate SQL queries
- 5+ years of experience on Linux and Weblogic
- 5+ years of experience in overall Production support
- 5+ years of experience with Apache webserver, Tomcat
- 2+ years of experience with Atlassian tools such as - JIRA, Confluence
- Some Java development experience
- Very good written documentation and verbal communication skills
- Work experience using Remedy
- Experienced with at least one or more application and system Monitoring tools
- Ability to obtain DHS CBP Clearance - US Citizenship Required
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as AppDynamics strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD methodology and tools highly desirable
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top