Operations Analyst - Systems Engineer Modeling + Simulation 2
The individual in this role will support the Global Strategy and Mission Solutions (GSMS) group in the development of advanced concepts and technologies, carrying out analysis tasks in support of the analysis lead or principle investigator. The primary role will be to provide technical support for the GSMS group's operational analysis efforts to accomplish its long-term objectives related to program development, program execution, and related research and development projects. The Operations Analyst2 will primarily support system analysis, operations analysis, and simulation activities. Specific activities include the following:
- Performing military requirements analysis
- Threat system analysis
- System survivability analysis
- Mission performance/effectiveness analysis
- Force level effectiveness analysis
- Military utility
- Develop and enhance models and simulations to create frameworks to address the challenges presented in establishing new requirements and evaluating advanced concepts and technologies
- Communicate across the engineering disciplines and technology areas to integrate capabilities
- Communicate technical capabilities and analyses with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Support the analysis lead in carrying out analysis tasks
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with a MINIMUM of2 years (0 years with a Masters) of systems/softwareengineering experience
- Must have an ability to read C++ code.
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain special program access
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- Working knowledge in various aspects of advanced air and space assets (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications) and associated technologies
-Ability to work both independent and in a team in a fast-paced environment, and brief technical approach and status to senior management
-Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix-based development.
- Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition, target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle manager interfaces.
- Software development experience using C++ or another Object-Oriented language.
- Experience leading projects through the system engineering lifecycle, including SRR, PDR, CDR, and TRR.
- Familiarity with USAF modeling and simulation tools (AFSIM, Suppressor, ESAMS, BRAWLER, etc)
- Modeling and simulation experience to include distributed simulations
- Current full DoD TOP SECRET clearance w/ SCI.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top