Operations Analyst Mod & Sim Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Operations Analyst Modeling & Simulation Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will develop and implement software integration plans in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
This position would support modeling and simulation for the USAF Battle Management and Command and Control (BMC2) analysis effort. The analyst will serve as a liaison between the Systems Analysis and Simulation (SAS) organization in the Global Strategy and Mission Solutions (GSMS) Directorate and the Specialty Engineering organization. Tasks will include both constructive and virtual modeling and simulation of manned and unmanned systems across the globe. The analyst will need strong analytical and constructive modeling experience. Constructive analysis tasks consist of Monte Carlo simulation analysis to include mission effectiveness and operational assessment, CONOPS and scenario development, algorithm development, analysis for aircraft system effectiveness, design of experiment development, requirements and task definition. Virtual analysis tasks include the modeling of airborne radar and IR seekers during flight, scenario development, semi-automated forces using tools such as MAK VR Forces and an understanding of DIS. Candidate must be able to understand cost and schedule constraints and appropriately scale simulation fidelity to meet experiment needs and timelines. Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills and must be able to create top level briefings using MS PowerPoint to support management and customer presentations on simulation experiment results.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
MELENG Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of system, software, or test engineering experience; OR
* Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3+ years of system, software, or test engineering experience
* 3 + years experience with statistical regression and Monte Carlo analysis
* 3 + years experience with domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition, target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle manager interfaces
* 3 + years of MATLAB experience, including data visualization, scripting, and functional programming
* 3 + years experience with AEW (advanced Early Warning) and BMC2 (Battle Management Command and Control) operations
* Must have an Active DoD Secret or higher level clearance and the ability to maintain it throughout employment
* Master's degree or higher
* Working knowledge in various aspects of Unmanned Aerial Systems (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications)
* Modeling and simulation experience to include distributed simulations and AFSIM.
* STK fluency, including aircraft and sensor modeling.
* Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix-based development.
* Software development experience using C++ or another Object-Oriented language.
* Experience with using MySQL (or another SQL database) queries.
* Experience leading projects through the system engineering lifecycle, including SRR, PDR, CDR, and TRR.
* Current DoD full Top Secret/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top